Fueling Dissatisfaction: Recognizing Contempt
Fueling Dissatisfaction
What is your comfort zone and what is trapping you inside of it?
I'm combating my contempt with challenging myself. In peer work, we call this “Fueling Dissatisfaction”. Fueling Dissatisfaction is the process of actively focusing on or contributing to the gap between one's current reality and their expectations or desires. This is also known as…putting a fire under yo ass. It reminds me of a quote, “Shit don't change til you get up and wash yo ass!”
A real life example for Fueling Dissatisfaction for me is how I am stepping up to new challenges everyday because I need to prepare myself for the unknown. I have realized that when I follow Murphy’s Law, “Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong!”, I become more apt to push myself the extra mile. Being prepared trumps being exhausted (EVERYTIME). Some people (most unfamiliar with the quote), view this as pessimism (negative thinking). It is actually Realism. Idealists are optimistic and risk-takers, while realists are calculating and cautious, weighing pros and cons.
I personally think it's reckless to jump off a cliff without a parachute and without a landing plan. But surprisingly, some idealist/optimist are successful about going into things without weighing the pros and cons or having a plan. It is very admirable how they do that; but, personally, I have to prepare for ANYTHING that may occur… my greatest motivation.
Murphy's Law is the reason we keep battery jumper cables and spare tires in our vehicles… to be PREPARED! Just in case.
There was a time when I figured I didn't need a winter jacket because we were going to be in a mobile vehicle with heating. And my mom taught me, “you should still wear a jacket just in case the car breaks down or there's an accident and we end up in the cold.” I never thought of that before, but I always think of it now.
I wouldn't exclude this from being part of my mental health and trauma experience. Because of the certain circumstances I have gone through, I operate my daily living to a particular standard. And now I have become contemptuous with that standard; I want better for myself and more for my life… I want to break free of my inabilities by challenging my limitations ONE MOMENT AND OPPORTUNITY AT A TIME.
Things I have become contemptuous with are:
The way I ALLOW people to treat/talk to me
The way I abuse my SELFLESSNESS for the convenience of others feelings and my perceived potential of them
Being humble to the extent of hiding God's glory on my life
Being TAKEN FROM, WHILE I AM GIVING..
The Bible tells us not to grow weary of doing good. We are blessed so we can be a blessing to others. But be careful of people falling in love with your hand and not your heart ❤️🩹 🤕
© 2024 Priestess Ziona. All Rights Reserved.

Comments
Post a Comment